Monday, October 27, 2008

The Story of the Stuff

I'm sorry to put my blog entry late, because my blog didn't work last week, and they said that my blog was deleted...I followed Alyssa's suggestion to change my blog's name into "useful" instead of "useless." I hope it will work forever~~

The story talks about the environment, and there are five main points that she mentioned: extraction, production, distribution, consumption and disposal. First,extraction means that we use 30% resources all over the world in the US. Second, in production section, Annie says that we wasted too many energy to product things. Third, many companies use some bad ways to make the products cheaper than they they really are...Forth, we make lots of stuff every day, and contribute trash also.Earth can not digest all of the trash. Finally, the disposal is about the trash rececling, but only rececling is not enough to the speed that the trash come out. In a word, we have to protect our environment instead of wasting and producting useless stuffs.

In my opinion, it is a good video to educate how important the environment is, and let people aware that we are destorying our earth if we do that system continuely.

Link: The Story of the Stuff

1 comment:

Alyssa R. said...

Wow! Your blog really is much more useful since you renamed it! And your summary's even seem better with your new title. I'm glad you changed the title of your blog - it's a very positive change!